2019 Board Update
Update As of January 29, 2019, we have received a total of 102 votes (of a possible 145)
from our residents regarding the proposed $195 special assessment to be used for an update of the playground equipment in the North Commons area. Of residents who voted, a strong majority were in favor of passing the proposal. However, the 2/3’s majority of all homes needed to pass the Assessment has not been received. In the Spring, the Board plans to move forward with a rehabilitation project that can be completed within the current HOA budget. If you are interested in participating in the Spring project, please send an email expressing so to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a new Board
Effective this fall, five new members have officially joined the Board. Rick Davidson, Eileen Ehrlich and Marc Soble have stepped down. We thank them for their many years of service. Our Board Members are:
Kyle Correll, President
Adam Schuur, Vice-President
Megan Collins, Treasurer
Marilyn Zerlak, Secretary
Randy Soverinsky, Board Member
Brett Lilley, Board Member
Steve Kaplan, Board Member
Dues remain at $200 for 2019
Please pay your dues on time. If you are dealing with a financial issue please let
us know. We would rather work with you directly than waste our time and money trying to collect. We have retained the services of an outside bookkeeper and attorney to assist our treasurer in collecting and making deposits, sending out dues notices, and file management.
Total 2018 Income – $28,082 (includes interest and also collecting past due amounts)
– $15,930 Lawn cutting, landscaping, upkeep of cul-de-sacs & front entrances, flowers
– $ 2,707 Insurance
– $ 708 Front Entrance Street Lights (annual bill from the City of Farmington Hills)
– $ 1,267 Utilities (water and electricity for the lights in the front entrance island)
– $ 1,815 Tree Removal
– $ 369 Misc. (Postage, Bank Fees, Playground/Annual Meeting Postcards)
– $ 120 Web Domain Renewal
– $ 750 Picnic
– $ 214 PO Box Rental
– $ 270 Signage for Path Entrances (No Motorized Vehicles)
– $ 1,753 Payment for bookkeeping services
Total 2018 Expenses – $25,903
Kings Pointe is Online and has a Website
Our website has been redesigned and updated (and at no additional charge), thanks to the work and talent of Adam Schuur, our Vice-President. The website includes relevant association and community information, along with the Minutes of last October’s Annual Meeting.
The address to the website is www.kingspointe-fh.org. To access our Member Directory the password is FOREST. We also have an email account so that the board can be contacted - it is email@example.com.
Similar to years past the board gets contacted formally and informally – which can be summarized as follows:
1) No one wants to see your garbage more than they have to – please wait until Sunday evening to put it out.
2) No one wants to hear your dog barking more than is necessary, especially early in the morning or late at night – please be considerate of your neighbors.
3) No trailer, camper, truck or commercial vehicle shall remain parked on any street or side drive within the subdivision except when present on business, and then only for such period of time as is reasonably necessary.
4) Please do not drive 30-40 mph in the subdivision. Slow down and keep kids, walkers and bicyclers safe.
5) Please do not place signs advertising your business on the entranceway to the subdivision. We appreciate your wanting to grow your business, however we receive complaints from the neighbors asking to have them removed.
6) Please do not throw bags of trash in the commons areas. Please be respectful of the environment and of the homeowners living around the commons.
7) Please help the snow removal process by keeping cars off the street until the plows have done their job.
8) Motorized vehicles of any kind are not allowed on the paths in the North and South commons areas.